Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New from J.H. Couture

See, I do actually blog when I can raise myself to do it. I've found some time for a wander this week and found some gorgeous, fresh spring dresses. OK, some will scream old-fashioned, but when you look at what designers do with the dress these days, I'm not entirely sure I agree with you.

J.H.Couture has been a long-time favourite of mine, elegant, innovative and (above all of course) well-fitting. This new dress for spring, the Victoria dress, I chose in a lovely fresh raspberry colour.




Spring is my favourite time of year. Coming from where I do, summer is scorchingly hot, winter is cold and wet, so spring is my lovely time. I like to dress in a feminine, soft style at this time of year and this dress fitted that wish perfectly. It's quite close fitting with a classic V neckline, short sleeves and belted at the waist. The skirt is just about knee-length and I was so impressed with the fit and the whole overall look. The textures are just amazing and it was a dream to photograph. I also found these lovely classic Onyx pumps from Chain and Vine so I decided to style with these. Jewellry was an easy choice - Zuri Rayna's Sparkle Sky collection, with lustrous rubies and pearly pieces of onyx. The hair was a new one from Elikatira, again one of my favourite stores being a blonde :) This style is called "Paper" and I wore the shade 10 of light blondes. The makeup wasn't so easy to choose, but I plumped for the striking "Barbie #3" from Face Paint. Soft, yet striking enough.

Lovely dress isn;t it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment