Monday, October 29, 2012

Bliss Couture Styling challenge for Miss Virtual World

Whew, what a weekend that was. I do not think I can remember being as busy as that for a long time, mind you it was tremendous fun! So, what was I up to that left me collapsed in a heap on the sofa.........read on !!

This last weekend saw the next in the series of challenges that make up a big part of the Miss Virtual World pageant for this year. After the first two, I knew I really had to pull something special out of the bag, this years' contestants are all amazingly skilled :)

Amutey DeCuir, the Bliss Couture designer sent all of us a box of things from her store to use to style a new Bliss outfit from. We could do whatever we liked to them, link, delink, torture them till they screamed, the one thing we could not do was to change the texture or colour. We were sent all sorts of things to play with, so I dived in with relish.

I selected the "Wynn" gown in red as, well, I like red. A long mesh gown, it fitted me like a glove so I had the basis of the style I wanted to create. I used the collar and sleeves from the "Strellanoche" fur top, messed about with the shape and then added the lace undershirt from the same Bliss piece. Poof, it just worked, so simple but I think I was lucky. It was still missing something at the neck, so I added the collar from the "Nahia" fur and resized it and repositioned it so it formed a fur collar at the top of the high neck of the lace shirt.

I had a look and the style suddenly hit me as looking very, very Russian. You know those old films that show Russians at the turn of the century. So, I went ahead with the Russian look, but it was still missing something, so I resized and copied the waist ruffles from the "Wynn" gown and used them to form a trim to the bottom of the skirt. Looked great till I tried to walk, just did not work at all, so I scrapped that!!

Added a sleek hair from LOQ, the "Kashiwaba Special Edition" jewellry set from Chop Zuey, the lovely "Anzhelina" hat from LeLutka and I was ready to face the day. I really loved the look, hope you might too :)






This challenge was tough, but a heck of a lot of fun to do. Here is what I used in the outfit I created......


Gown - Wynn Gown Red - Bliss Couture
Stomach decoration - Wynn Gown Ruffles - Bliss Couture
Collar - Nahla Fur Collar - Bliss Couture
Undershirt - Strellanoche Knit Top - Bliss Couture
Fur Wrap - Strellanoche Fur Collar - Bliss Couture
Sleeves - Strellanoche Fur Sleeves - Bliss Couture
Eyeshadow - CLASS eyeshadow 04 - Beauty Addict
Lipstick - Cherry - Izzie's
Lashes - Mo Alpha Lashes 06 - Miamai
Shoes - CHIC Bordeaux - NCore
Hair - Hair for Hats - LOQ
Hat - Anzhelina hat - Lelutka
Gloves - Sexy Lady Bug gloves - Bade
Jewellry - Kashiwaba Special Edition - Chop Zuey
Clutch - Clutch Bag Black - Coco


Huge congratulations to Rehana Seljan, Miss Hong Kong, who was the overall winner and also to Natzuka Miliandrovic (Miss Italy), Bodza Blackadder (Miss Hungary),  Shinobu Istmal (Miss Japan) and Diana Balhaus (Miss Venezuela) who made up the Top 5.


Thanks from me go to October Bettencourt-Karsvalt for this wonderful portrait and also to Amutey DeCuir for sponsoring the event and giving us such lovely items to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment