Monday, November 19, 2012

Fourth MVW Challenge - Valentino :)

Well, what a busy few days it's been for me. OK, maybe more than a few days, but who's counting:) In between shows, I've been trying to get some designing done, more of that later.

Our penultimate challenge was to create an outfit inspired by RL designer, Valentino Garavani. Frolic gave us a link to examine and it proved to be very inspiring indeed. Some of his designs quite simply take the breath away.

After spending a long time browsing the collections, I decided to try and recreate this gown, which debuted at the Fall 2012 shows. After much headscratching looking on the Marketplace, I decided to take a risk and make it all myself, even down to the clutch bag (did I regret making that bag , whew). It took the better part of a day to make all the textures and get them just how I wanted them. Here's how it came out :-




Strangely, the hardest part to get just right was the bolero jacket. I don't have the skill to actually make the meshes, Blender I find impenetrable and don't get me started on Maya. So I found a mesh bolero and went from there. The bag was very difficult to make just right as the maps supplied with the bag I found confusing, but that's nothing new:) 

Anyway, I hope you like it, I was happy how it came out.

Styling :-

Gown - "Valentino Inspired Champagne" - KR Designs
Bolero - "Valentino Inspired Champagne" - KR Designs
Clutch - Valentino Bag - KR Designs
Lipstick -Soft Kisses 11 - Madrid Solo-
Eyeshadow - LIQUID EYESHADOW -gold- KOSH- 
Shoes - HEZABEL'S CHOCOLATE DIAMOND STILETTO - Dinki-Di
Lashes - NoAlpha Lashes_N01 - Miamai
Hair - Romance-Blonde - Vanity Hair
Jewellry - Miss Mundo 2012 Hezabel Blackheart Collection - Zuri Rayna
Nails - Female Medium - Mandala


Thanks to Bodza Mubble who provided this lovely image :)



No comments:

Post a Comment