Thursday, December 13, 2012

Butterflies in the tummy ........

I can't believe it is almost here. On Saturday, a new Miss Virtual World will be crowned. Where did the last 4 months go????? It seems like yesterday I was dumbfounded that I had been selected as an official candidate, representing my RL home country of Cyprus.

I went into the contest with my eyes wide open, having no idea what to expect or what would really be required.Well, I can safely say my styling skills have been stretched to the limit and beyond, I learned new things, modified old ones and generally really grew as a model and a person.

Before the contest, I had a small SL family. That family is now increased by 29 amazing, wonderful women who have become like sisters to me over the past 4 months. They could not have been friendlier, more gracious and giving of their time or supportive to me who was, quite honestly, scared out of my wits.

The contest made me think, question my skills, re-evaluate them and learn. It has been such an eyeopener to what is really possible with SL fashion and clothes. I do things now I would never have been able to do 4 months ago and if I am honest with myself, things I would not have DARED to do !

I want to give a huge shout-out to the wonderful, generous people who sponsored my journey, not just with their skill, but as a shoulder to cry on, an ear and a helping hand to hold when I needed one. They were :-

Photography - October Studios - October Bettencourt
Jewellry - Sequoiastyle - Sequoia Nightfire
Formal Gown - Bliss Couture - Amutey DeCuir
National Gown - Vero Modero - Bouquet Babii
Hair - Element Hair - Kreolita DeCosta
Poses - Isomotion - Isoldel
Makeup - Face Paint - Eve Express-Qarnac

Without them, I would never have been able to make it, so thank you to each and every one of you who so kindly photographed me, made jewellry for me and everything you did for me.

So, only two days to go until I learn if I was good enough to be considered for the title. Whoever does ultimately win will have my full support and love, but all of us are winners to me. Such generous, kind-hearted ladies, any one of them would carry the title with grace and poise.

Was it all worth it? Oh my god, yes.Would I do it again? Absolutely. Am I mad? Maybe !!!!

My heartfelt best wishes to all of my fellow contestants, it has been quite a ride xxxxx

1 comment: