Friday, November 30, 2012

Always loved 1940's fashions

Ever watched a film and thought "I'd like a style like that"? Well after watching some old black and white film set in the 1940's I thought I would have a try. I'd just been to Baiastice and picked up their gorgeous "Evange" jacket and it seemed pretty ideal to base a style around. So, I had a root through my inventory to see what I had to compliment it. Here's what I came up with ......




The skirt came from a store I had not been to before called Fanatik. I'd been after a skirt like this for ages, so I was delighted to, quite literally, stumble across it. It's a pencil-style skirt, cut to just above the knee and fits like a glove. The texture reminds me of glove-leather and looks quite amazing. Baiastice make some super mesh and this jacket, the "Evange", is no exception. A luscious red in colour, it had the look I wanted, but it lent the outfit a lot more of an edge. I added the black "Stera" top from Glam Affair, black hose from Bax Coen and the perfect finishing touch, the lovely "Femme" shoes from N-Core. And suddenly there it was, the look I had been after !

Styling:-

Jacket - Evange Red - Baiastice
Skirt - Pencil Skirt Black Leather - Fanatik
Top - Stera Black - Glam Affair
Hair - Demi Seaspray - Truth
Shoes Femme "Noir Intense" - N-Core
Gloves - Leather Long black - Lightstar
Eyeshadow - Dark Shadows Black - Chelle
Eyeliner - Cat Eyeliner 2 - Izzie's
Lipstick - Dark Red Intense - Izzie's
Pantyhose - Soft Shine Pantyhose Black 50 - Bax Coen
Necklace and earrings - Folieole Onyx - Finesmith
lashes - NoAlpha Lashes 01 - Miamai
Pose - Glitterati





No comments:

Post a Comment