Monday, November 19, 2012

Meeting the Press !!!

As part of the MVW pageant, meeting the press is part-and-parcel of the whole thing. It is good practice, as whoever wins, will have to do a lot of this, interviews and the like so it was a good exercise for us.

We were all asked to meet with the press at the BOSL Country Club and we were asked to style a really sweet cocktail dress, the "Cosmic Sequin" dress from Mimikri. We were permitted to choose our favourite colour and then to style as we wished with jewellry, accessories and suchlike.

I like pink, so I was happy to find the dress in a lovely delicate pink shade, with gold and beige accents from the sequin overlay. It just struck me as it was a dress I would wear for a day at the races, so I styled it to look like that, a day having a glass of champagne and hoping one of my horses won!




I tried to find a background that made it look as if I was skipping away happily! Well, I'm not much of a photographer but I enjoy trying.

Anyway, the good stuff :-

Dress - Cosmic Doll Sequin - Mimikri
Shoes - SENSE 2 "Champagne" - N-Core
Hair - Veronica Mesh Hair - Golden - Wasabi Pills
Eyeshadow - LIQUID EYESHADOW -peach - KOSH
Eyeliner - Cat Eyeliner 2 - Izzie's
Lipstick - Lipstick raspberry - Izzie's
Hat - Flora Hairband - Pink - Bliss Couture
Nails - NAIL/female medium - [MANDALA]
Shoes - SENSE 2 "Champagne" - N-Core
Jewellry - Nirmala Collection - Chop Zuey
Clutch - Valentino Recoloured - KR Designs



Answering a question from the press in front of a big crowd with no preparation or idea what the question would be was quite daunting. But as I said before, excellent practice for the lucky lady who finally lifts the title. One more challenge to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment