Tuesday, August 28, 2012

OK, maybe dreams do come true

I have three letters to start this little post ........OMG!!!!!!! OK, why those particular three you might ask yourself, has Kim had too much coffee again?

A couple of days ago, I took part in the last audition for 2012 for the Miss Virtual World finals. I've been modelling for a little while now, but nothing prepared me for the sheer adrenalin rush when I set foot on the stage. Hands shaking, knees trembling, you know the drill! I managed not to fall off anything, pose in the right place and get off the stage in one piece, no mean feat, my hands were shaking like a leaf in a breeze.

When we were called back onto the stage for the finale, my heart was really pounding when I heard that the judges would announce the results LIVE, right there and then.Never in a billion years did I expect to hear my name amongst the finalists, all the models who auditioned were so elegant, graceful and perfect.

But here I am, proudly representing my home country of Cyprus as Miss Virtual World Cyprus 2013. I'm still a little bit in la-la land , but this is the start of a dream I thought may never come true.

Many people don;t actually know where Cyprus is! It's s small but beautiful island in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea just below the south coast of Turkey. Look it up on Google, its a fascinating place, full of history and culture. It is an honour to be able to represent my home country and I hope to do our little country proud in the upcoming weeks and months.

I thought I would share the two styles that I prepared, admittedly with more than the odd poke in the right direction from a few people, you know who you are :)






This was the casual chic look I came up with. This style of clothing I find one of the hardest to get right. After much head-scratching and banging my head on my desk, I plumped for this look. Its based around two items from Gizza, with a pair of gorgeous ankle boots I found at a store I had not been to before called Skifija.

Styling:-

Top - Tricot Set Champagne - Gizza
Pants - FUSION Chic Pants Black - Gizza
Ankle Boots - Full Speed TORNADO silver - Skifija
Bag - Monogram Bag Mink - Purple Moon
Hair - Claire Mesh Golden - Wasabi Pills
Nails - Prim Nails Size 10 - "Sexy Mamas"
Makeup - Soft Kisses 11 lipstick - Madrid Solo
                Spring Glace Makeover (Seasons) - Mock
Lashes - No Alpha Lashes 01 - Miamai


The formal look took a lot of trial and error. I love formal attire, but with this audition, I had to find something different. I'd just made the red gown I wore, but I needed something to really make a statement and bring the whole thing together. I found the "Diana" gown over at Tres Beau, so I added part of the cape just to add a 1940s glam touch to the whole affair. it just worked the second I saw it, thanks October :)






Styling:

Gown - MVW Cyprus Red - KR Designs
Shoulders and sleeves - "Diana" - Tres Beau
Gloves - Diana Black - Tres Beau
Shoes - Venezia Red - Sim-I-Lar
Hair - Rhythm Blonde 10 - Elikatira
Jewellry - Kashiwaba Set Special Edition - Chop Zuey
Ring - "The Great Healer" garnet - Chop Zuey
Makeup - Stormy Full Face - Face Paint
                Cat Eyeliner 2 - Izzie's
                Dark Red Vibrant Lipstick - Izzie's


So the adventure begins, I can;t wait to see what the next months bring. I know I will learn more than I thought possible, make new friends, cry, laugh and enjoy this unique opportunity. Wonder what will happen along the way :)

To all those who came to the auditions and screamed yourselves hoarse, thank you from the bottom of my heart. To everyone who sent good wishes, or IM'd me afterwards, it meant so much to know I have friends like that! I dedicate this success to my teachers who shared their time and expertise so selflessly, thank you to each and every one of you who taught me and got me to this point.

1 comment:

  1. You deserve this! From all of us who YOU'VE poked, prodded, shoved, yelled at and cries on our shoulders with... we're all here for you. I plan on screaming myself hoarse at MVW this year.. :)

    ReplyDelete